Thursday, October 20, 2011

My favorite San Diego Frozen Yogurt

After our kayaking trip this past weekend, we stopped at the Yogurt Escape on Avendida De La Playa in La Jolla, CA.  What a treat!  The owner there had a few more topping choices than are listed on the main website.  That I noticed, he had these little round, marshmallow-like white candies.  They were called "mochi."


The other thing that he had were freshly harvested pomegranate seeds. Yum!

The owner told me that the mochi were good, but when added to the yogurt, they were VERY good. . .I believed him and was glad that I did.

When I made my yogurt (my favorite is always plain tart), I added mochi, pomegranate, strawberry, and pineapple.

I was so sorry that I couldn't take a picture - I was too busy eating. :)  This is a close resemblance, though...



A picture, however, would not have done justice in the area of taste.  I could not believe how wonderful it was!  The texture was the clincher.  The mochi are not as sweet as marshmallows, but have the same fluffiness.  In one bite, I got the cold tart of the yogurt, the fluffy give of the mochi, and the juicy pop and crunch of the pomegranate seeds.  I can not explain it well enough.  I had never tasted anything like it. . . maybe I should experiment with freezing yogurt, finding mochi online, and getting some pomegranate seeds. . . :)

No comments: